What I've been up to AND blogger challenge link up!

Miss me?! haha

I feel like every time I try to do a new post, something doesn't want to work! First it was my online photo program, then my email (which had pictures I wanted to use), and then my brain with the lack of motivation. It happens.

So! I'm glad to say I'm back as long as everything cooperates today. The weather here has been wonderful! It was in the 60's and low 70's all weekend and this week so far. The windows have been opened wide! Sunday we took a trip to the park to pick up some pine cones, acorns, and whatever else we could find. 


Taylor loves going to the park. There are trails that go by the water and squirrels everywhere! 


Here she is leading the way. It was hard to look for acorns with her pulling so much. I think she was excited to get out of the house. 


We were sporting out Titans jerseys! There is a similar picture of me with Taylor, but she was looking left and I was falling backwards. 


I'm not sure what the body of water the park is next to, but this is probably the best I've seen it. Its usually green, dirty, and swampy looking with lots of trash. We even saw a gray and a white crane. 

I love decorating with what God has given us. I can't believe people pay for fake acorns and for pine cones when they're everywhere outside! Ok, maybe not everywhere but that's where the fun part comes in. Finding them! Yes, I did buy fake leaves, but only because I have yet to find a way to make real ones least without falling apart. 

I can't wait to show you what I'm doing with the acorns! 


Off topic:
This is why it's hard to get out of bed in the mornings! She just looks so comfy. Ahh, the life of a dog. 


Now for the Blogger Challenge! 

I found this through another blog I follow

It's a 2 week challenge and every day (M-F) they give a topic about Fall to blog about! Today is day 3 (I just found it today, sorry). I'll be linking this post up over there.

The topic for today is:

What do you do for Halloween/ a Halloween memory.

Well last year was the first year Russ and I have actually lived together under the same roof since we'd been married. So of course when Fall rolled around I wanted to find pumpkin patches! To my surprise (and my family's) Russ never did anything for Halloween growing up! 

Now there's nothing wrong with not going trick or treating, but he'd never carved a pumpkin, been to a pumpkin patch, or any of that! We took care of that by visiting the best (in my opinion of course) pumpkin patch around here. We ended up going to the patch more than once before Halloween ever rolled around. I'm hoping to get pictures this year. They give you a free hay ride to the pumpkins and they have the decorative little gourds, Indian corn, popping corn, cushaw, and so much more. 


These were the first 2 we bought last year. 


Russ is more creative than me, he drew his template out. 


I found one online. If not, I would have stuck with the original jack o'lantern look.


Finished products...


And!!


All lit up! 

It was a great Fall/ Halloween. We bought candy but never had anyone stop by. I think it's because we lived in apartments. Maybe this year! 

I can't wait to take our little one to the patch next year! Speaking of which, we should find out if we're having a boy/girl within the next couple of weeks so keep your eyes peeled! 

This was a long one, but I had to do some catching up!

See you tomorrow, hopefully! 

Love you all!

Comments

  1. Hello Child of mine. I love the pictures of the park, especially the walking trail. Thinking back I remember all the walks we as family would take in the fall, and our best pictures were always taken then. I am looking forward to learning if I am going to be blessed with another grand-daughter or a grand-son which will be a learning experience. Lovin all the babies. Love you
    Momma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts