Oh baby!

Baby Dykman is finally here!!!

(Ok, so I'm a little behind on posting but I just had a baby, you'll learn to forgive me)

Lydia A. Dykman

February 23, 2012

8 lbs 0 oz.

21 inches

Perfect as can be! =)

Labor started on Tuesday the 21st, I had a doctor's appointment that day, but wasn't "checked". I had been having contractions pretty regular all day and on into Wednesday. I was hesitant to go to the hospital ( I didn't want to go too early and have to lay in bed all day and possibly night waiting for things to progress.)

Thursday morning about 3 am I woke up having more painful contractions. They were lasting about a minute and coming every 5 minutes. They weren't terrible pains (I've had stomach pains from drinking milk that were worse than these), but I knew if they were that close we had to be getting somewhere. So we left here at 4 A.M. and headed to the hospital. They hooked me up and checked my cervix to find that I was 3 cm. So the doctor told us to go walk around for a couple hours.

Haha! We went home, slept for a couple hours, then went for a walk. Of course when we went back to the hospital they told us not to leave, but go walk around for an hour, eat lunch and then come back and I would be admitted. So that's what we did. 

The doctor started me on a very low dose of pitocin, just to help regulate my contractions. I couldn't even tell I was getting any. Finally around 5 pm I was checked again and was 6 cm dilated. By this point I was ready for an epidural. I was breathing through the contractions fine, but I figured why suffer anymore than I have to, right? 

(Oh, when the anesthesiologist tells you not to move, don't move lol. I didn't just move, I jumped. But it all turned out fine).

By 8 pm I was fully dilated but baby was still sitting up high. So we had to wait some more.

At 10pm, they decided to do a test push "to see how good of a pusher I was" (their words, not mine).
Apparently I'm a good pusher! 5 contractions and 15-16 pushes later we had a baby! She was born at 10:13 pm.

Russell did such  great job encouraging me while I was pushing. I'm so thankful that he was with me and got to experience it all.

We have been busy staring at all her many expressions, taking tons of pictures, and kissing those sweet chubby cheeks.

Mom came and stayed with us for 2 weeks, which we are more than grateful for!

She even finished the camo bag I started to make. I love it!!

Lydia has already had her 2 week check up and is growing just fine! She gained a 1/2 a pound, which is good. Her cord fell off after about a week.

I hope everyone is doing great and getting the same kind of weather we are (high 70's today!). I will hopefully be back to posting more regularly, depending on how much spare time I get (haha).

I'll leave you with these...

God bless!!


  1. Well God has blessed you and Russell as well as the rest of the family. I just wanted to bring her home with me. You and Russell didn't agree with me. I loved my time with you all and miss you more than ever. Love you

  2. Danielle she is so BEAUTIFUL just like her mama ! You & Russell have been truly blessed !!! We all can't wait to meet Ms.Lydia...Gracie looks at her pics and says Nana can I pls hold her at ma's house lol !!! Take care Love & miss you all!!! See you soon !!!


Post a Comment

Popular Posts