Russ' Surgery and more

Russell had his hernia surgery on Monday and everything went great. We didn't like having to wait so long at the hospital though. Russ is one of those people who, when you tell him to be there at 10:30 am he expects to be on the operating table by 10:45am, not at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. But that's the way things go. 

Tuesday he was very sore and didn't make it out of bed till noon-ish. I tried coaxing him out and getting him to go for a doctor prescribed walk. Didn't happen, but I'm still persistent! He did get out by the end of the day. Taylor can't figure out why Russ has been home and laying around so much, or why she can't cuddle with him. Poor pooch.

He is still recovering nicely, if only he would stop trying to clean! I caught him vacuuming post-op day 2. Tisk tisk. 

Lydia went for her 4 month check up last Friday. She got 3 shots but didn't cry as bad as she did with her 2 month shots. She is now 12.11 lbs and 25 1/4 inches long. So she is long and slim but healthy as can be.

She loves her new play mat we got her. She kicks the piano and it plays music for her. But it doesn't take her long until she is on her tummy trying to crawl away.

We had a great 4th of July. We went to a big BBQ down in Nokesville, VA. We didn't expect there to be so many people there (close to 100) and it was way too hot! So we didn't stay for the fireworks because Lydia was sweating and wouldn't fall asleep. So we came home and ended up having fireworks right in front of our door! Some people in the neighborhood set off some and we had more that we watched from our patio. They were nice, until fire Marshall came and confiscated them all and shut everyone down for the night. 

She is definitely my child!

While Russ has been home we ventured out to the fabric store and got some material. Russ wanted me to make some new place mats for our table. We haven't started them yet but we found some other fabric while we were there and made new pillows for the couch!

Taylor loves them...

Auntie Erin sent Lydia a pretty dress. She looked as cute as can be in it as always. 

Thanks Auntie!!

She is changing by the minute and we are trying to capture all the moments on camera but we often forget since we are staring at her in amazement. That's life though. 

Today we are going to Joe's Crab Shack with some friends. Russ has been craving crab legs for a long time now. Maybe this will satisfy him. I'm not a seafood person. I like to stick with the farm animals for food. We also have plans to go to a winery on Monday with the Mommy's and Me group I'm a part of. Hopefully the weather will be nice. 

I hope everyone is doing great and staying cool. We are enjoying the 80 degree weather much more than the 90-100 degrees. We love you all and hope to hear from you soon!


  1. Well as I read this I realize that my heart has gotten so big! In my younger years it held a smaller family, now it seems to almost be at bursting when I get to share the lives of my grand-daughters! I love this post as always, its one of the neatest ways to keep you in my life. If only phone calls could come with pictures..tell someone that grandma's need a picture phone.
    Love you and looking forward to a visit soon.


Post a Comment

Popular Posts